Can I bring my family to stay with me during my study?
Yes, you may. According to the Malaysian Immigration Department, the dependent pass is only applicable if the student is studying Bachelor’s degree or above. Diploma and certificate level students are not allowed to bring in dependants.

How can I apply for the Pass?
You can apply for a Dependant Pass for your immediate family members (Parents, Spouse and Children only) through EMGS. Immigration will issue your dependants with a Long-Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) for a maximum duration of 12 months at a time. The LTSVP will only be valid for as long as the student has a valid student pass.
This application will be made through the educational institution on behalf of your dependents who are in Malaysia. Each dependant who enters Malaysia on a social pass will be subject to a ‘Journey Performed’ visa fee of RM500 as well as a single entry visa fee (subject to nationality).

I am applying for my children.
Children below the age of 18 years old can remain and study in Malaysia while holding a dependant pass under their parents.
Children of international students aged 18 years and above must apply separately for a student pass if they wish to study in Malaysia.

Can I know the Rules & Procedure?
All postgraduate students enrolled in Public and Private Universities are eligible to apply for dependant passes on behalf of their families.
Undergraduate Students who are studying for their Bachelor’s Degree will only be eligible to apply for dependant passes on behalf of their families if they are citizens of the following countries:

  1. Saudi Arabia
  2. Bahrain
  3. United Arab Emirates (UAE)
  4. Turkey
  5. Qatar
  6. Azerbaijan
  7. Palestinian Territories
  8. Kuwait
  9. Yemen
  10. Iran
  11. Syria
  12. Oman
  13. Jordan
  14. Lebanon
  15. Iraq
  16. Libya
  17. Maldives