Renewal of Student Pass During Covid-19
1. What are the requirements that need to be fulfilled before proceed for renewal of student pass?
You have to fulfill the minimum requirements set by the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and Immigration Department Malaysia to renew your student pass:
- A minimum of 80% attendance rate
- CGPA/GPA > 2.00 for Undergraduate students
- Candidacy period
For student who failed to meet the requirements, you need to provide the Supporting Letter and Action Study Plan (If exceed candidacy) by the Dean of Faculty. However, it is at the discretion of Ipoh State Immigration Department to APPROVED or REJECT your renewal application.
2. When should I submit for renewal of my student pass?
You are responsible to renew your student pass and passport before it expires.
Please submit your student pass renewal four (4) months prior your student visa expiry. Late Submission of the Student Pass/Student VISA renewal application will be charged accordingly:
- RM500.00 if you submit within one (1) month before your Student Pass/Student VISA Expires
- RM1,000.00 if you submit within two (2) weeks before your Student Pass/Student VISA Expires
3. Where should I submit all the documents?
- Due to MCO, please email all the required documents to: email@example.com.This online method is only applicable during MCO/RMCO/CMCO and until further notice.
- Only application with COMPLETE document will be accepted and proceed. Any incomplete documents will be rejected.
- You will receive an email confirmation that your documents are complete and ready to be processed to EMGS
- Student are required to submit the hardcopy documents during your passport submission to ISMU. Refer to email notification or point no. 9.
4. What are the required documents for student pass renewal?
The extension of the student pass is solely at the discretion of the Ipoh State Immigration Department. Fill in this Visa renewal form and submit together with:
|No.||Checklist Documents||UG Students||PG Students|
|1.||Proof of online payment to EMGS
|2.||Payment proof to UTP Finance||
|3.||Admission Offer Letter||You may request from our Admission unit. Refer link: UTP Application Forms - Offer Letter|
|6.||Passport copy for all pages includes cover||
5. UTP Finance Counter is closed. How to proceed?
You may make an online payment. Save a copy of the payment proof. Reference number must be shown. This online method is only applicable during MCO/RMCO/CMCO and until further notice.
|Payment Method||Online payment|
|Payee||Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS|
|Bank Account No.||8004857910|
6. How much do I need to pay to EMGS? Where should I pay to EMGS?
Please make an online payment to:
Save a copy of the payment proof. Reference number must be shown.
|Payment Method||Online payment|
|Bank Account Name||EMGS Escrow Account 1|
|Bank Account No.||514057662341|
The amount to EMGS depend on the insurance type and duration of renewal. For example; if you choose Etika Plan 1 with 12 months renewal, the amount will be RM 666.40. You may refer to the table in the Visa Renewal Form. For further details on each of the insurance coverage and benefit, refer to this link: Education Malaysia Global Services - Insurance
7. When should I monitor my application progress?
- Check Application Status!!!
- For private students, you may check your application in the EMGS after seven (7) working days you received the confirmation email
- For sponsor students, you may check your application in the EMGS after 14-21 working days you received the confirmation email
- EMGS will only process your application once they receive the payment receipt
8. When should I submit my passport to ISMU?
Once your progress is 90% and green, please submit your passport and hardcopy documents to ISMU.
9. What are the documents that need to be submitted during passport submission to ISMU?
10. How can I submit/collect my passport? I did not get approval to enter UTP.For student who cannot enter UTP, ISMU has allocated certain time and day for the collection and submission of passport at the main gate UTP. Please refer to the email notification sent by the ISMU staff. Make sure you be on time and bring the required documents. Any inquiries, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For passport collection, make sure you bring the “Notice of Information” that ISMU gave to you during your passport submission. We will not entertain without the document.
11. My progress in EMGS is 90% and I had submitted my passport to ISMU. How long is the process at Ipoh State Immigration Department?On normal days, the process duration can take up to 30 days. Due to MCO, please expect a delay in the process duration. During Covid 19 period, all the counter services at Ipoh State Immigration Department will be on appointment basis. Walk in customers are not allowed to enter the premises.
Our appointment with Ipoh State Immigration Department is only on Thursday (excluding public holiday). Do check with us for further information: email@example.com +
- 1st Submission:
- The status of extension is solely under Ipoh State Immigration Department
|Approved||Immigration Ipoh will issue a new student pass/visa after 7 working days. Refer point below on 2nd Submission.
|Rejected||ISMU will notify students by UTP email. Student needs to follow advice by our staff on the next steps. These can prolong the process.
- 2nd Submission (Status: Approved)
*If the Immigration system is down and not working, the new student pass will be endorsed on the next appointment.
12. How can I know if my passport is ready?On normal days, it can take up to 30 days for the Immigration process. Due to the MCO/RMCO/EMCO/CMCO, please expect a delay in the process.
ISMU will notify through your UTP email if it is ready for collection. If you do not receive any email, it is still pending for Immigration Ipoh process.
13. Can my friends collect the passport for me?The letter needs to be duly signed by the owner and the representative is require to bring the hardcopy of the letter. provide an authorization letter.
14. How can I collect my i-Kad?
If your new i-Kad is available, we will notify through your UTP email.
For student who cannot enter UTP, ISMU also has allocated certain time and day for the collection of i-Kad at the main gate UTP. You are REQUIRED to notify us first by email so that we will bring your i-Kad to the main gate. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The letter needs to be duly signed by the owner and the representative is require to bring the hardcopy of the letter. provide an authorization letter.
15. I had received my student pass 1 months ago. When can I received my i-Kad?If your new i-Kad is available, we will notify through your UTP email.
For i-Kad, ISMU needs to collect it at EMGS located at Kuala Lumpur. Due to MCO/RMCO/CMCO/EMCO, CRT UTP does not allow UTP staff for the interstate travel unless for the critical issues and matter. Regret to inform that it is not under this category. Once the situation gets better in Malaysia and interstate travel is allowed, we will proceed accordingly.
16. I am in my home country. Do I need to submit renewal?If you are an active student, you still need to submit for renewal. EMGS will process your application although you are outside Malaysia. However, when you progress is 90% and green, you need to be in Malaysia and submit your passport to ISMU for the endorsement of your new student pass. Only Ipoh State Immigration Department can issue your new student pass and this cannot be done online.
Another concern is that for the attestation and endorsement of your academic certificate at Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) when you complete your studies. One on the requirement is that you need to provide copy of your student pass from entry until completion of your study (Name been listed in the Senate Meeting for graduation). Should you fail to provide all the student pass/have gap in between, your student pass will not be endorsed.
17. What is ISMU operation hours during MCO?This operation hours are subjected to change based on the current situation in Malaysia.
Any inquiries, please contact ISMU hotline 05-3688540 / 017-5885735 excluding public holidays for further detail.
|cannot enter UTP|
|Other times as stated above,
Monday - Friday
(8.00 am-5.00 pm, lunch break 1-2pm)
|Staff will be working from home (WFH)
(You may reach us via email & UTP UCS Portal)