RENEWAL OF STUDENT PASS – OTHERS
1. Where should I monitor my application progress?
- For private students, you may check your application in the EMGS after seven (7) working days you received the confirmation email from ISMU.
- For sponsor students, you may check your application in the EMGS after 14-21 working days you received the confirmation email from ISMU.
- EMGS will only process your application once they receive the payment receipt.
2. When should I submit my passport to ISMU?Once your progress is 90% and green, please submit your passport to ISMU.
3. My progress in EMGS is 90% and I had submitted my passport to ISMU. How long is the process?The process duration can take up to 30 days. However, the process duration is subjected to the Ipoh State Immigration Department.
- 1st Submission:
- The status of extension is solely under Ipoh State Immigration Department
|Approved||Immigration Ipoh will issue a new student pass/visa after 7 working days. Refer point below on 2nd Submission.
|Rejected||ISMU will notify students by UTP email. Student needs to follow advice by our staff on the next steps. These can prolong the process.
- 2nd Submission (Status: Approved)
*If the Immigration system is down and not working, the new student pass will be endorsed on the next appointment.
4. How do I know my passport is ready for collection?If you do not receive any email, it is still pending for Immigration Ipoh process.
The letter needs to be duly signed by the owner and the representative is require to bring the hardcopy of the letter. provide an authorization letter.
5. I had received email from ISMU saying my student pass/visa extension is rejected by the Ipoh State Immigration Department.Please submit the required documents as advise by ISMU for appeal to Immigration Ipoh. If the appeal is also rejected and your student visa is near to the expiry, you need to return to your home country before your current student pass expire to avoid being overstay. You will be required to apply for a new student pass if you are still an active student.
6. I had exceeded my candidacy period and now EMGS is requesting for supporting letter from Dean. What should I do?
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Science & Information Technology
Please fill in online form at:
The extension of the student pass due to exceeding candidacy is solely on the discretion of Ipoh State Immigration Department. The supporting letter acquire from Dean is not absolute guarantee that the renewal of student pass can be approved.
7. I am a PG students and EMGS is requesting for explanation letter regarding the status incomplete in my academic results. What should I do?For PG students, please acquire assistance from CGS.
8. I have already completed my viva. Should I renew my student pass/visa?
9. My student pass is nearing to expiry and my student pass renewal application has not yet completed. Can I get special pass to avoid being overstay?Ipoh State Immigration Department will not issue a Special Pass for those students who submit their application late which leads to being overstay. Immigration Department will force those students who submit their application late to leave the country before expiry of the student pass.
10. I am in my home country and my student pass had expired. Can I still submit for student pass renewal?
According to the rules and regulation by the Immigration Malaysia, once your student pass expired, you are given 90 days to get your Student VISA/Pass sticker affix to your passport. Please notify ISMU to start the renewal application process. However, you will be charged for late penalty submission. Once your progress is 90%, please return to Malaysia and submit your passport to ISMU.
If you failed to get the Student VISA/Pass affix in your passport within 90 days after your student pass expired, then you have to apply again as a new application.