Change Mode Part Time to Full Time Student: Visa Matter
1. I am a postgraduate part time student and want to change to full time student. How can I get a student pass?
You need to apply a new application to get a student pass. The application needs to be made through EMGS system via the universities.
Upon receiving the notification from EMGS, the current pass needs to be cancelled and shortened at the State Immigration Department that issued your current pass.
2. How long is the process?
The process duration for new application is 90 days to be completed upon submission to EMGS.
3. Do I need to exit Malaysia during the process?
It depends. Upon submission to EMGS, if the current student pass valid within 90 days and the new student pass can be issued during this period, the student does not need to leave Malaysia. However, should your current pass nearing expiry and the process has yet to be completed, the student MUST leave the country to avoid being overstay.
4. Who should I liaise with?
Upon submission to EMGS, if the current pass valid within 90 days and the new student pass can be issued during this period, the student does not need to leave Malaysia. However, should your current pass nearing expiry and the process has yet to be completed, the student MUST leave the country to avoid being overstay.
5. I had submitted my documents to ISMU. What are the next steps?
- You may Check Application Status to monitor your application progress
- If EMGS notify you to cancel your current pass, please liaise with your employer for the cancellation process
- Please notify ISMU when your electronic Visa Approval Letter (e-VAL) has been issued by the Immigration Malaysia
- Once e-VAL is issued, you are required to
- Should you pass the medical check-up (progress 80%), please submit your passport to ISMU for the endorsement of your new student pass at Ipoh State Immigration Department
- Should you fail the medical check-up, you may make an appeal and do 2nd medical check-up. However, should you fail this time, you are required to return to your home country before the expiry of the current pass.
ISMU will notify through your UTP email should the passport is ready for collection