1. When is 23rd Convocation Registration?
23rd Convocation Registration is from 16 August – 3 October 2023. Convocation registration dates are available for the following categories:
|Graduates who have received approval from the Senate from October 2022 until July 2023
|Graduates who took their final semester examination in May 2023
|Graduates who sat for supplementary exams
2. How to register for convocation attendance?
Graduands are required to verify their attendance through UCampus Portal. Convocation registration is only applicable for class of 2023.
3. Who is eligible to attend the UTP 23rd Convocation Ceremony?
This Convocation Ceremony will involve graduands who have completed their studies in accordance to the Senate’s approval from October 2022 until September 2023.
4. How to login UCampus?
Kindly login into UCampus (https://ucampus.utp.edu.my/). Please click on the Staff/Student Sign in button to login into UCampus.
5. I forgot my UCampus password. How can I reset my password or is there any other way to register beside through UCampus?
Registration for convocation attendance is done only through UCampus (My Convocation tab > Convocation Registration). If you are unable to login into UCampus, please contact ITMS Team through UCS Portal (https://ucs.utp.edu.my/).
6. I am not attending convocation ceremony, do I need to register?
Yes, to facilitate our planning, you still need to response to convocation attendance via UCampus. During this process, you also need to confirm your mailing address for convocation documents postage.
7. Am I invited to the convocation ceremony after collecting my early scroll?
Yes. All graduands of class 2023 will be invited to convocation ceremony.
8. Is convocation attendance compulsory?
The convocation ceremony is not compulsory for graduates. You may decide to attend or not attend the convocation.
9. I am not able to attend convocation ceremony. What is the procedure to collect my transcript and certificate?
If you do not wish to attend convocation, kindly proceed to confirm your attendance (not attend) through UCampus. During this process, you need to confirm your mailing address for graduation document postage. Kindly note that, those who are not attending convocation their graduation document will be couriered to the registered mailing address in UCampus.
10. I am not sure if I can attend the ceremony. If I don’t register, can I still attend the ceremony on that day?
Attendance is strictly by registration. Please confirm your attendance status at any time before the deadline. Any request to attend convocation ceremony after registration deadline will not be entertained.
11. I have registered and made the payment but did not receive any confirmation email. When can I received confirmation email?
Once payment has been verified and approved, you will get the confirmation letter via email, or you may view your payment status at My Convocation Dashboard in UCampus.
12. When can I download UTP Invitation Letter/Student Ticket/Guest Ticket?
You can download these documents after you have registered online for the graduation ceremony and payment has been cleared in the system. Go to "My Convocation" tab > My Convocation Dashboard > Convocation Ceremony Documents > Download UTP Invitation Letter/Student Ticket/Guest Ticket.
13. I have registered for convocation earlier, but I have changed my mind. Will I be able to cancel my registration?
You are not able to amend your registration after confirmation of attendance. You are not allowed to cancel your registration after confirmation of attendance.
14. May I know if it is possible if my parents/family attend the convocation on my behalf? Since I am not in Malaysia during convocation.
If you are unable to attend, parents could not receive the scroll on your behalf, and your name will not be shown on the stage. However, your name will only appear in the programme book.
15. I am currently in my final semester. When is my convocation ceremony?
23rd Convocation in October 2023 is for class of 2023. Graduands for the convocation ceremony have been finalized. Hence those who completed their study after Senate on September 2023 will be bring to Class of 2024 convocation (tentatively in Nov 2024).
16. I am unable to attend the convocation since I am not in Malaysia. I understand that parents could not receive the scroll on my behalf. However, can my parents attend the convocation ceremony as guests?
Registered guests can only attend the ceremony if their son/daughter is attending the ceremony.
1. How much is the convocation fee?
Convocation ceremony fee differs according to the level of study. Convocation fee for Undergraduate is RM 300.00 and for MSc and PhD is RM 350.00.
2. Is it possible to make a refund if I am not able to attend convocation. I have confirmed my attendance yesterday and completed the registration process.
Convocation fee paid is NOT refundable/transferable to other student if graduand unable to attend convocation ceremony.
3. When is the deadline to pay for convocation fee?
Payment needs to be done and uploaded in UCampus before the registration deadline.
4. I have confirmed my attendance before the deadline, however I forgot to make payment. Can I still pay after the registration period closed?
No. Your registration will be voided, and we will not entertain any late payment made after the registration closed.
1. When is the 23rd Convocation Ceremony?
The 23rd Convocation Ceremony will be held on 29 - 30 October 2023.
2. When is my exact date of convocation session?
The Convocation Ceremony will be held on 29 - 30 October 2023 (2 Days @ 2 Sessions).
|29 October 2023
|Session 1 (Morning)
● PhD and Master programmes for all courses (by Research & Coursework)
● Bachelor in Business Management (Hons)
● Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
● Bachelor of Information Systems (Hons)
● Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons)
● Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Chemistry
● Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Physics
● Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Petroleum Geoscience
|30 October 2023
|Session 2 (Morning)
● Bachelor of Chemical Engineering with Honours
● Bachelor of Civil Engineering with Honours
● Bachelor of Computer Engineering with Honours
● Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering with Honours
● Bachelor of Materials Engineering with Honours
● Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering with Honours
● Bachelor of Petroleum Engineering with Honours
3. When is the rehearsal?
The Convocation Rehearsal is scheduled on Saturday, 28th October 2023 (10.00am-12.30pm), at Chancellor Hall.
4. Do we need to attend rehearsal?
To ensure the smooth running of the ceremony, all graduates attending the convocation are advised to attend the rehearsal session.
5. Do we have lift inside the chancellor hall to help OKU moves to upstairs? If no, can we request for seats that are on the ground floor? Since we can’t climb up the stairs.
During convocation registration, please remarks “Using Wheelchair” if you or one of your guests is using wheelchair. OKU/Wheelchairs will be seated at the ground floor. Toilet at basement and we have lift for that. You are required to bring your own wheelchair during convocation ceremony.
1. How many guests can each graduand bring to convocation?
Each graduand have a maximum of two (2) invited guests.
2. Do graduands need to register their guests?
Yes, graduands need to register their guests during convocation registration. Once completed, system will generate guest tickets for UTP entry purpose.
3. I would like to bring family members during convocation, will they be allowed into the Chancellor Hall?
Only graduates and registered guests are allowed to enter the Chancellor Hall during convocation ceremony. We hope that you can arrange other family members to wait outside the Chancellor Hall during the ceremony.
4. Can I register my 2 years old daughter as a guest?
Children below 12-years old are not allowed to enter the convocation hall during the Convocation Ceremony.
1. When can I collect my convocation robe?
Robe collection will be made available starting on 23 – 27 October 2023 at Undercroft, Chancellor Complex.
2. What do I need to bring during robe collection?
Please bring along UTP student ticket to enter UTP Campus for robe collection. You can either show us the hardcopy of the UTP student ticket or the softcopy of the UTP student ticket via your mobile device.
3. I'm currently working, is it possible to ask someone else to collect the robe?
Yes, you may ask a representative to collect robe. If your friends/family members are collecting your graduation robe on your behalf, kindly ensure that they have your UTP student ticket (together with robe representative details).
4. I would like to assign my friend/family member to collect my robe. What should I do?
Please provide the robe representative details during convocation registration. However, if you have registered for convocation, kindly log a case through UCS portal by providing the following information:
● Representative Name:
● Representative IC:
● Representative Contact No:
We will update the robe representative details on your behalf.
5. What do I receive during robe collection?
During the robe collection process, please ensure you receive the following items:
● One set of the academic robe (robe, mortarboard and hood)
● Convo RFID Tag*
● Entry Passes (2 guests)**
*Any replacement of new RFID in any circumstances will incur additional charges.
**The University will not be responsible for any loss of entry passes and no replacement will be issued.
6. What is the purpose for RFID tag?
RFID tag is pinned on the graduate convocation robe. The system will read the information stored in the RFID tag and automatically display and announce your name during graduate scroll possession on stage.
7. What is the purpose of entry pass?
The entry pass will allow two (2) guests to attend the ceremony. Guests are not allowed to enter the Chancellor Hall without the entry pass.
8. When do I have to return my convocation robe?
The convocation robe, mortarboard and hood MUST be returned at UTP Main Hall from 29 October -2 November 2023. All late returns will be penalized.
1. It is MOHE Tracer Study compulsory for all graduates?
Yes, it is compulsory for all graduate’s class 2023 to complete the tracer study via MOHE’s website (https://graduan.mohe.gov.my/SKPG2023/) The link will be activated from 16 August – 30 December 2023. Graduates are advised to keep the confirmation slip as a proof of completion. You are required to upload the survey slip during convocation registration in UCampus.
2. Who should I contact to update my detail in tracer study?
For further enquiry or update detail, please email to our representative from Registration & Examination Department, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS - Mr Anas (firstname.lastname@example.org).